We participated again at the Spring Wind Conference and we won two 1st prizes
The Association of Hungarian PhD and DLA Candidates (DOSZ) in collaboration with the University of Miskolc, Hungary have organised again the multidisciplinary scientific conference labelled as the Spring Wind Conference in Miskolc, between 5-7th of May 2023.
Young researchers and doctoral candidates from all scientific disciplines had the opportunity to present their research outcomes in Hungarian and English, both in oral or poster sessions.
Our PhD students participated in two subsections and were awarded the 1st prize.
Rita Márton, (PhD supervisor: Dr. Mónika Molnár) was awarded the 1st prize in the Microbiology and Biotechnology subsection for the following oral presentation:
- Márton Rita, Margl Márk, Szabó Eszter, Dr. Molnár Mónika – Assessment of the effect of cyclodextrines in the Candida albicans and Candida boidinii test systems
Szabina Molnár, (PhD supervisor: Dr. Mónika Molnár) was awarded the 1st prize in the Environmental science subsection for the oral presentation of the following topic:
- Molnár Szabina, Dr. Molnár Mónika, Mátyus Nikolett, Novák Lilla – Aging induced alterations in biochar properties and in their effects on soils
Congratulations and further successes in your scientific career!
Zsófia Berkl has successfully applied for the Pungor Ernő pre-PhD degree award scholarship
Our PhD student, Zsófia Berkl (supervisor: Dr. Mónika Molnár) has successfully applied for the Pungor Ernő pre-PhD degree award scholarship granted by the Oláh György Doctoral School of BME, Faculty of Chemical Technology and Biotechnology.
The call was announced for PhD students completing with outstanding success all classes required for the PhD degree (absolutorium) and who have not yet obtained their PhD degree.
Congratulations Zsófi for your successful application!
Our colleagues amongst the TOP 100 best educators of BME
Based on the Student Opinion Survey (OHV) for the autumn semester of the academic year 2022/23, two members of our group (Márton Rita and Berkl Zsófia) were voted by the students among the best 100 lecturers at BME.
Congratulations on the achievement!
Scientific articles published by our research group during 2021-2023
The scientific publications of our research group in cooperation with national and/or international scientists during 2021-2023 in various scientific journals include the following:
- Fekete-Kertesz, I., Stirling, T., Vaszita, E., Berkl, Zs., Farkas, É., Hedwig, S., Remmen, K., Lenz, M., Molnar, M., Feigl, V. (2023) Ecotoxicity attenuation by acid-resistant nanofiltration in scandium recovery from TiO2 production waste, Heliyon 9, e15512, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.heliyon.2023.e15512
- Fenyvesi, É., Berkl, Zs., Ligethy, L., Fekete-Kertész, I., Csizmazia, M., Malanga, M., Puskás, I., Szőcs, L., Varga, E., Szente, L., Molnár, M. (2023) Novel Alkyl Thioether Cyclodextrin Derivatives Against Bacterial Quorum Sensing in Aliivibrio fischeri, Beilstein Journal Of Organic Chemistry pp. 1-41. , 41 p.
- Favier, L., Simion, A.I., Hlihor, R.M., Fekete-Kertész, I., Molnár, M., Harja, M., Vial, C. (2023) Intensification of the photodegradation efficiency of an emergent water pollutant through process conditions optimization by means of response surface methodology. Journal of Environmental Management, 328, Paper: 116928. DOI:doi.org/10.1016/j.jenvman.2022.116928.
- Dell’Armi, E., Zeppilli, M., Di Franca, M. L., Matturro, B., Feigl, V., Molnár, M., Berkl, Zs., Németh, I., Yaqoubi, H., Rossetti, S., Papini, M. P., Majone, M. (2022) Evaluation of a bioelectrochemical reductive/oxidative sequential process for chlorinated aliphatic hydrocarbons (CAHs) removal from a real contaminated groundwater, Journal of Water Process Engineering, 49, 103101, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jwpe.2022.103101
- Cruz Viggi, C., Tucci, M., Resitano, M., Matturro, B., Crognale, S., Feigl, V., Molnár, M., Rossetti, S., Aulenta, F. (2022) Passive electrobioremediation approaches for enhancing hydrocarbons biodegradation in contaminated soils, Science of The Total Environment, 845, 157325, ISSN 0048-9697. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2022.157325.
- Berkl, Z.; Fekete-Kertész, I.; Buda, K.; Vaszita, E.; Fenyvesi, É.; Szente, L.; Molnár, M. (2022) Effect of Cyclodextrins on the Biofilm Formation Capacity of Pseudomonas aeruginosa PAO1. Molecules, 27, 3603. https://doi.org/10.3390/ molecules27113603
- Kerekes, I. K., Pusztai, Éva, Feigl, V., Kemény, S. (2022) Acute Ecotoxicological Effects of Bauxite Residue Addition on Mortality and Motion-frequency of Dendrobaena veneta and Enchytraeus albidus (Annelida) in Three Types of Soils, Periodica Polytechnica Chemical Engineering, 66(3), 512–524. https://doi.org/10.3311/PPch.19868
- Németh, I., Molnár, S., Vaszita, E., Molnár, M. (2021) The Biolog EcoPlate™ Technique for Assessing the Effect of Metal Oxide Nanoparticles on Freshwater Microbial Communities, Nanomaterials , 11(7), 1777. https://doi.org/10.3390/nano11071777
- Farkas, E., Feigl, V., Vaszita, E., Uzinger, N., Rékási, M., Gruiz, K., Molnár, M. (2021) Screening and Ranking Methodology Applied to Biochars Aimed at Acidic and Calcareous Sandy Soil Improvement, Periodica Polytechnica Chemical Engineering, 65(3), 361-377. https://doi.org/10.3311/PPch.17163
- Hirsch, E., Pantea, E., Vass, P., Domján, J., Molnár, M., Suhajda, Á., Andersen, S. K., Vigh, T., Verreck, G., Marosi, Gy. J. et al. (2021) Probiotic bacteria stabilized in orally dissolving nanofibers prepared by high-speed electrospinning, Food and Bioproducts Processing, 128, 84-94, 11 p. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fbp.2021.04.016
- Molnár, M., Fenyvesi, E., Berkl, Zs., Németh, I., Fekete-Kertész , I., Márton, R., Vaszita, E., Varga., E. , Ujj, D., Szente, L. (2021) Cyclodextrin-mediated quorum quenching in the Aliivibrio fischeri bioluminescence model system – Modulation of bacterial communication, International Journal of Pharmaceutics, 594, 120150. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijpharm.2020.120150
Successfully completed complex exam in January 2023
Congratulations to our PhD students, Rita Márton (PhD research topic: Modulation of Quorum Sensing (QS) in fungi, Supervisor: Dr. Mónika Molnár) and Szabina Molnár (PhD research topic: The effect of biochar ageing on biochar properties and on its applicability in soil, Supervisor: Dr. Mónika Molnár) for the successful complex exam in January 2023.
The complex exam or comprehensive exam is an oral exam due at the end of the 4th semester of PhD studies. Its goal is to determine how well-prepared PhD candidates are for the next step of their academic career, in order to write their dissertation.
We participated at the 4th George Oláh Conference held at BME
Dr. Feigl Viktória represented our group at the 4th George Olah conference organised at Budapest University of Technology and Economics, Faculty of Chemical Technology and Biotechnology on the 26th September 2022, where she held an oral presentation about the re-use of bauxite residue primarily based on the research results of our group during the last 15 years.
The oral session was online streamed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDr6bcmEUTg
The conference programme and the abstract of presentations can be reached at the following website: https://docplayer.net/230332294-4-th-george-olah-conference.html.
We participated at the ISMET8 Conference in Chania, Crete on 19-23 September, 2022
Dr. Feigl Viktoria participated on behalf of our group at the ISMET8 -International Society for Microbial Electrochemistry and Technology – GLOBAL CONFERENCE in Chania, Crete on 19-23 September, 2022, organised by the Technical University of Crete, the University of Ghent and the University of Alcalá.
The following poster (ID 222_Conference programme page 25 ) was presented on behalf of the group:
Mónika Molnár, Zsófia Berkl, Éva Farkas, Ildikó Fekete-Kertész, Rita Márton, Imre Németh, Szabina Molnár, Emese Vaszita, Viktória Feigl:
Ecotoxicity test batteries for the monitoring of bio-electrochemical system based remediation technologies
The abstract of the poster presentation can be reached in the e-book of abstracts at: ISMET8 eBook-of-Abstracts.pdf
We participated at the final ELECTRA workshop
Our research group was represented by Dr. Feigl Viktória at the final ELECTRA workshop held on the 19th September 2022 in Greece, Crete, Chania on the 1st day of the ISMET8 conference. The partners presented the results of the 4 pilot experiments, based on which, the ELECTRA project (completion date: 31st December 2022) was considered to be successful.
We shared our work at the 20th International Cyclodextrin Symposium (20th ICS) in Messina, Italy
Three members of our group (Dr. Mónika Molnár, Zsófia Berkl, Rita Márton) presented the results of our research work at the 20th International Cyclodextrin Symposium (20th ICS) held between 13-17 June, 2022 in Messina, Sicily, Italy.
According to the Program:
Zsófia Berkl had a short oral presentation about the „Examination of quorum quenching efficiency of cyclodextrins in the Pseudomonas aeruginosa model system” and a poster presentation on the „Effect of alkyl-substituted cyclodextrins on the quorum sensing of Aliivibrio fischeri”
Mónika Molnár presented a poster on the „Cyclodextrin-mediated modification of quorum sensing in the Chromobacterium violaceum model system”.
Rita Márton’s poster shared the results on the „Bioactivity of cyclodextrins on Candida boidinii yeast”.
Congratulations for the impressive and fruitful work in this high profile research field!
Our research group will be introduced at the I. BME Competence Fair organised by BME on 17. June 2022
The 1st BME Competence Fair, organised by BME on 17. June 2022 is a first of its kind program for showcasing research and creativity, disseminating results and facilitating multidisciplinary cooperation.
The aim of the event is to facilitate the meeting of like-minded experts from all over Europe for future research collaborations and European grant applications.
The hybrid (online and in-person) event will provide various opportunities for building connections: research pitches, thematic breakout room discussions and networking sessions. The program will also feature panel discussions on trending topics of the European Research Area.
The networking will be facilitated by an innovative mobile application (Whova) for setting up smart profiles, initiating 1:1 or group discussions around topics of interest and organizing meetups.
There will be 4 pitching sessions, each of them introducing 2 research groups of BME during 2*3 minutes.
Our research group will be presented by Dr Viktória Feigl in Pitching Session 2.
Further information about the event, schedule and registration could be reached at: https://innovacio.bme.hu/innovacios-nap/